Friday, June 11, 2010

Birds Poo : ff4%^4%$932R#%T$)WFhefw !!!



Okay, maybe it sounds ridiculous writing about Birds Poo. But I got this idea since someone texted me (oh my, he might be going to kill me after he read this post) and said a bird just did 'that' ^^ at his head and his shirt! Well, i'm sorry about what happened to you and hope everything is okay with you now. Well, it was 'just' ^^v birds poo not elephant's! (once again sorry!!!)

Maybe you guys ever had the same thing, walking somewhere and having a good mood and suddenly a bird dropped his/her 'love' at you! and it ruined you mood in a sec! Esp for you who were on the way to work or school, or even to date someone ;)

First, i wonder why birds poo is white? "(in some case is brown, right?) why not pink or pretty purple so i can use it for painting when my paint is out of stock? ^^

Explanation:
I got the answer from Ian, who is working working at the RSPB as a wildlife adviser and a master in Environmental Impact Assessment from the University of Wales.

,"Firstly, it is not actually the bird poo that is white, it is uric acid which is the bird equivalent to humans urine. Without going into too much technical detail, it is white due to the chemical reactions that occur within the urinary system to process the waste matter into a substance that can be safely excreted with minimal water loss.
Birds excrete waste products from the urinary and digestive tract at the same time through what is known as the vent after passing through an organ known as the cloaca. Because they are expelled at the same time but from different systems, they do not have time to mix which explains why bird mess usually consists of distinct coloured and white parts."

Myth :
Based on some articles I read, It might be that it means luck! I mean, theres sooo many people in this world (too much perhaps), in the city or even at the park but the bird picked you! I should ask him soon if something good happened after? ^^

Logic :
On the other side, logically, it might be kind of a warning since birds poo might carrying disease, i mean..it's poo!(or urine based on Ian's explanation) hello?
I got this article from BBC website :
Bird poo is known as guano, and can sometimes carry diseases and fungi, although it's unlikely that you'll catch anything from a stray plop on the head. If you find yourself having to clean lots of it from surfaces, mist it with water and wear a face mask to avoid inhaling anything nasty. Watch out for flu-like symptoms.

Tips:
So okay, enough for the explanation, then what you should do when it happens to you?
don't get panic! If there's people around u laughing, tell them (acting calm) "oh..naughty bird" or "oh it means im lucky!" or "i know i chose the wrong shirt" ;) don't clean it with your hand, beside it's nasty, you might make it even worse as it will spread more. Take a leaf or tissue and clean it ONCE. quick! and get water to clean it as soon as possible.

Crazy Fact :
In Japan, birds poo used in a face cream. It is believed that birds poo contains Guanine that can bleach and exfoliate the skin. Okay, maybe I don't believe this, but who does? Victoria Beckham! check out at http://www.topnews.in/light/victoria-beckham-s-latest-beauty-secret-bird-poo-217631 Yup, that's her “geisha face mask” ;)

Me-me :
I never experienced it, but once i've got attacked from a lil bird who came suddenly on my face. Surely that was a bad luck, It happened on the balcony next to my classroom at university and my nose was red with some 'scratching' decorations. It ruined my day and my friends kept on asking me what happened.

Well, thanks for mr.G who made me writing this hohoho ;)

Daadaaaa!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment